Transfer FAQs

Transferring to 小猪视频FAQs

Can I apply for Advanced Standing?

小猪视频鈥檚 Residency Policy requires that听at least 50%听of any program鈥檚 requirements be completed at CBU. Both on-campus and online courses (or a combination of the two) can be used to meet this Residency Requirement.

Applicants applying to 小猪视频are eligible to receive听up to a maximum of 50%听of their program鈥檚 requirements (some exceptions apply) through credit awarded for learning experiences external to the university.

All first-year and second-year credit courses offered at all other Canadian universities will be considered for credit at CBU, with the following limitations:

  • A minimum of 50% of the courses must be completed at 小猪视频in a degree, diploma or certificate program, unless stated otherwise in the program descriptions.
  • Credit transfer is distinct from admission and decisions with regard to admission to remain the prerogative of CBU.
  • The specific program requirements of 小猪视频must be met. An otherwise acceptable transfer credit may not be usable in a particular program of study.
  • Students must also meet any requirements with regard to grades. External credits will be treated identically with those of 小猪视频students who move from one program to another within the institution. If a grade of 60% is required in a 小猪视频prerequisite course, for example, then a 60% grade will also be required in a transfer course. A dean, in consultation with the registrar and the department, may approve courses beyond the first and second year levels for credit transfer in degree, diploma and certificate programs, bearing in mind that at least 50% of courses must be completed at CBU.

Articulation Agreements

Students transferring under an Articulation Agreement can find听more information here.


Still have a question?听Ask our recruiters.

What is the deadline to submit my transfer credit application?

Transfer Credit Application Deadlines:

  • July 31 for September (Fall) intake
  • October 31 for January (Winter) intake
  • March 31 for May (Spring) intake


How long will it take to process my transfer credit application?

It will take 4-6 weeks to process an application for transfer credit. The Registrar鈥檚 Office processes transfer credit evaluations as quickly as possible. You can avoid delays by submitting all required documentation as soon as you submit your application for admission to CBU.


When will my transfer credits be activated?

Transfer credits are not activated until registration, and applications听received after deadlines cannot be guaranteed for processing in time for registration.


Still have a question?听Ask our recruiters.

Am I a Transfer, International, Mature, or Returning student?

In order to apply to CBU, you must identify yourself on the application as a Transfer, Mature, Returning, or International Student.

International Students听

Any student coming from outside of Canada (who wishes to transfer outside of an Articulation Agreement) should review听CBU鈥檚 International Admission Requirements. All documents and transcripts听must听be received in English. Once an International student has been accepted, they should follow the steps outlined in the听Transferring to 小猪视频Checklist听to see if they are eligible for transfer credits.

International students should听connect with a 小猪视频Recruiter听with any questions, or to discuss their application.

Mature Students

Mature students are听Canadian citizens or residents听who are听at least 21 years of age听and are applying for their first year of an undergraduate program. You can review听


Unsure which heading you fall into? Have a look at the flow chart below:

Transfer Flow Chart

Will 小猪视频check my grades?

Any Transfer applicant must be in good academic standing at their current institution if they wish to transfer to CBU. This means that they cannot be on academic dismissal or academic suspension. Individual program admission requirements must be met.


What information does 小猪视频need about my past school(s)?

Any Transfer applicant must list all previous post-secondary institutions attended on the application for admission even where no transfer credit is sought.

The Transfer applicant must submit 听official post-secondary transcripts (this required to apply to CBU).

The Transfer applicant must supply a secondary school transcript if the equivalent subject requirements were not completed during post-secondary studies.

Students transferring under an Articulation Agreement can findmore information here.


Still have a question?听Ask our recruiters.

IB Students

Information on

French Immersion Students

Information on .


Still have a question?Ask our recruiters.

Do my old 小猪视频courses transfer to current courses?

Internal transfer credits are used by historical 小猪视频students who previously graduated and have courses on their historical transcripts that are no longer offered or available at CBU. These students can apply to have their previous credits assessed against available courses, potentially adding credits to a new degree. All internal credit arrangements are administered by the academic schools, in consultation with the Enrolment Services Office. Please contact Enrolment Services. You will not be required to pay a fee.


Still have a question?听Ask our recruiters.

What if I have equivalent work experience, instead of formal education credit?

You can apply for a听Prior Learning Assessment. PLAs are an option for students who feel that their experience and/or training earned outside of a post-secondary institution is equivalent to a course needed for their 小猪视频degree.

If you are studying for a Bachelor of Arts Community Studies Program (BACS) degree, students should review the below information:

COMS1100 鈥 Introduction to Community Studies

COMS2101 鈥 Work Experience Placement I

COMS3101 鈥 Work Experience Placement II


Still have a question?听Ask our recruiters.